Tweed Valley Justices’ Association Inc.
Was formed in January 1998 and has continued to grow and develop over the years.
Located on the far north coast of New South Wales bordering Queensland in the beautiful town of Tweed Heads which is part of the Gold Coast and we aim to continue to encourage membership from all local JPs’
The Justice & Attorney-General amended the rules for all JPs in 2003 stating that all current JPs were required to re-apply and become appointed under the new regulations. This means that all JPs now must have a registration number beginning with 100,000 and any document that is witnessed by a JP must have the registration number recorded with the signature.
Regulations also included that JPs operate under a new Code of Conduct which establishes acceptable standards of conduct for JPs appointed in NSW under the Justices of the Peace Act 2002.
You must also sit an online exam every 5 years to re-apply for registration.
There are 16 points covered by the Code of Conduct which must be strictly adhered to or face the consequences of losing your appointment.
There is also a Handbook which was released in 2014 and this document is the only one that should be used for reference by JPs throughout the State of NSW.
What We Do:
JP Services: Witnessing Statutory Declarations, Affidavits & Certifying Documents at Shopping Centres in Tweed Heads South, Tweed Heads & Murrwillumbah.
Our General Meetings are held bi- monthly from May 2021 till November 2021 at:
South Tweed Sports Club
4 Minjungbal Drive
Tweed Heads South, NSW, 2486
If you are searching for a Justice of the Peace, Tweed Valley Justices have volunteers servicing JP desks four times a week to witness legal documents for the public at the following Shopping Centres:
- TWEED HEADS
- TWEED HEADS SOUTH
Tweed Mall Shopping Centre ( near Post Office)
Wharf Street, Tweed Heads NSW, 2485
TUESDAY Hours: 10.30am to 1.30pm
Tweed City Shopping Centre (near Westpac Bank)
54 Minjungbal Drive, Tweed Heads South NSW 2486
MONDAY Hours 10.30am to 1.30pm
Murrwillumbah – Sunnyside Mall
Thursday 10.30am to 12.30pm
- PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION –
- Overseas pension forms cannot be signed by a NSW JP anymore and it is suggested that you take the form to a Centrelink office or Tweed Heads Court House.
- Overseas documents cannot be signed by a NSW JP.
- Power of Attorney and Enduring Power of Attorney cannot be signed by a NSW JP but can be signed by a Qld JP.
- Queensland Land Title documents must be signed by a Queensland JP.
- Queensland JPs can be found at Pines Shopping Centre , Elanora Qld Monday to Saturday 9.30 to 1.30 .
- to find a JP in your area – www.jp.nsw.gov.au
If you are interested in joining our Association or wish to become a Member and learning more about the role of a Justice of the Peace please fill out the TVJA Inc application on the Forms Download page.
For just $10 a year for YE22 (and a once-off Joining fee of $25) you will have all you need to continue in your capacity as a Justice of the Peace in New South Wales. Including a handbook and a name badge.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM): TBA due to Covid 19 restrictions.
GENERAL MEETINGS will be held the 3rd Wednesday of May. July, October (AGM), November 2021 at Tweed South Sports Club –
NEWS and GENERAL INFORMATION:
- Online Form application is now required to become a JP in NSW and you need to sit an online exam.
- Online Form application now required for Seniors Card.